Thursday, June 5, 2008

A new blog, Iguaçu

I have something like 8,300 photos, so I've decided to create a blog where I'll post as often as I remember a different picture with a note describing the photo. I love pictures and love to share them. Hope you like what I post, too.

A panorama of Iguaçu Falls. Well, since it was taken on the Argentine side, it's Iguazu. To the left you can see Devil's Throat, the powerful falls that make this area so famous. In Mormondom, this place was made (more) famous in a talk by Elder Faust, a Brazilian missionary. The land in the middle of the picture just across the water is St. Martin's Island, which is a misnomer, as it's not an island, which you can tell by looking again at this link. I was standing at the upper left point of the linked satellite and the bit of water separating the land is in the forefront of the picture. Some of you might be familiar with this terrain from the movie The Mission.
I love Iguaçu Falls.
This clip shows everything better. It's in Italian, so sorry about that, but there are subtitles in English. The pertinent moments to this blog entry start at about 3:30. Father Gabriel is actually climbing the rock face of La Isla de San Martin that you see in my picture. If you haven't seen this movie, you should.


*Oh, I was just thinking, every once in a while I might post a video clip, too.

No comments: